Message from Hugh Hemphill on 2 '56's that he found

Message from Hugh Hemphill on 2 '56's that he found

Forwarded from Hugh:

Hi, folks.  Just dropping y'all a line to let you know
about two 1956
Imperial sedans for sale in Texas.

Neither is running but the elderly owner, Hardy Thernstrom,

a Swede,
describes one as being in good condition and the other as a

parts car.  The
"good" one is intact except for the motor, which was
removed before he
bought it because the block was cracked.  Mr. Thernstrom
was working to
replace it when he suffered a work injury, and his life
changed radically.
He is, essentially, broke.  The good car also has A/C, by
the way.

He is hoping, maybe optimistically, for About $2,000 each.

He lives in
Bonham, Texas, about an hour and a half north of Dallas,
between Sherman and
Paris.  (Sounds like scrub land boonies, to me, but what do

I know?)  He is
not on the internet, but can be contacted at (903)
640-9566.  I have not
seen these cars, and am passing this information on as a
favour.

He does have a question about rear view mirrors.  On one
car, it is situated
in the traditional place, but on the other it is attached
to the dashboard,
like a 57 / 58.  Which one is correct?

Hugh Hemphill

PS.  I got my '58 back from the repair shop.  I assume most

of you don't
know it was in an accident when the master brake cylinder
failed yet again.
Fortunately, no one was hurt, and for all the guff one
hears about the
indestructibility of Imperials, the modern Dodge truck I
ran into was hardly
damaged at all.  Wish I could say the same for the '58.
The bumper on the
58 is so low it went under the truck's bumper.  Sigh.  So
it goes.

Although the car is all straightened out and the bumper
repaired, now that
the front third has shiny paint on it, the rest of the car
looks even more
appalling than before.  Plus the engine is running very
rough and there are,
of course, no brakes.

I am still phenomenally busy with several other projects,
so it may be some
time until I get around to fixing the brakes and examining
the engine.  I
hope to be back in the club by the fall.

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious