Imperial. Period.

When I went to register Doris Day, or Miss Day if you wish, my '66 Crown
Convertible, I had previously owned 2 Imperials, a '63 Custom 4dr, and a
'60 Crown Convertible.  I had just acquired the '66 and went to the
Washington State DMV.  The kind women behind her desk asked me the make
of the car, and I told her Imperial.  She looked up Imperial under
Chrysler in the Old Car Value Guide that they now use to value old cars
so you can't just present a bill of sale for $100 anymore.  She then
asked me the condition of the car!  I knew instantly where she was
going, so I said it did not run, and would be parted out.  I got a #5
value for tax payment purposes.  Anyway, she then does the Chrysler
thing on the new title & registration.  I corrected her.  She did not
like that.  I said it needed to be corrected, and she gave me the "It is
time for my break" government worker look.  I said I needed to see a
Supervisor, she hummed, and hawed, but I held my ground.  She called
over the Supervisor, and low and behold, it was the woman who issued me
my plates for the first Imperial 7 years earlier.  She recognized me, we
laughed that I still had the plates (FIT4AQN), and instructed the
subordinate to change the registration, and title to reflect Imperial as
the make of the car.

My title and registration now say Imperial as the make, but there is no
mention of model being Crown, just 2dr Conv..  I'll take it.  Just as I
stood up, I looked the women who had been corrected in the eye, she
glared back at me with venom in hers, and I said rather sweetly to her
in a whisper "It is good to be the queen, I like it", and walked out.

Have a nice weekend folks!

Bill Ulman
'66 Crown Convertible