Door locks on '59

I took the advice of some of my fellow Imperialists today, to get my drivers
side door to lock. I lubricated the whole door mechanism, and it now locks
when I push the door lever forward. Problem is, now it won't unlock from the
outside using the key, on either side. I could leave the window down, and
lock it, but that doesn't do me too much good. I also lubricated the key hole
assembly, but it still didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
Another quirk is my clock and gas gauge, which both work fine during the day,
when it is warm out, but fail to work at night.
Any advice on either of these problems would be deeply appreciated.
Bill '59 Crown