Chrysler Imperial - Educational Opportunity

Chrysler Imperial - Educational Opportunity

Greetings:

I sold my 64 Crown Coupe today and accompanied the buyer to the DMV office to
register the vehicle and to pick up a license. The title clearly listed the
car as a 1964 Imperial but the attendant insisted on changing the make to
Chrysler because Wisconsin no longer lists it as a separate make. I tried to
explain that it was a separate make until 1975. All I got was a blank stare
and advise that we could appeal to the state to make a change to which the
buyer indicated he was going to register the car in Ohio later this year and
he would take up the fight there. It's interesting that DMV can change a
car's make before your very eyes. I was tempted to ask if she could change my
Crosley to a Rolls Royce.

Don Zimmermann
'65 IMPERIAL convertible (This one is also titled Imperial. I bought it 27
years ago. I'm afraid that if  I sell this honey in will turn into a Yugo
overnight.)