When to restore, when to part out?

Man,
I am so glad that I submitted my thoughts on Jim Martin's email. It has generated such a good response to an issue that needs to be addressed by all folks who anticipate restoring a car. That issue is simply, When should a car be restored and when should it become a parts vehicle.
I think both sides of this issue have been discussed very well. That was what I hoped my response would do and it has worked very well.
What do I really think? The car is pretty  rare and is probably work saving. It may not be worth doing a 100% restoration on, but is worth saving. I wouldn't have to be a concurs restoration to be a neat car to tool around in.
Just my two dong.
Danno
Hello Folks;
 Nobody said that this car wouldn't be a lot of work but it depends on what level of restoration you would want to go with. If you strive to make this into a show quality car, and absolutely factory correct in the interior and everything else, then $40,000 would be the minimum even for a D.I.Y job. I agree that his price is still too high but I don't agree that it is only good for parts car. Looking at the photos, after reading the description, it doesn't look like there is that much missing. The main thing that is missing from the engine is the carburettor and air cleaner. Missing from the exterior, the hubcaps, rear view mirrors, and the red crown from the trunk lid.
 The hubcaps and the crowns were used in multiples for four years straight. The mirrors maybe more of a problem because they were unique to the year but not likely unique to the model. Some of the parts that are there look like they may be pitted which means some effort at repairing them. The biggest obstacle is time, having the patience to find the parts. If you don't have this then you really have no business messing with Imperials let alone this limousine.
  Getting into the power plant the engine and transmission are all 1954 and 55' Chrysler, remember that it doesn't have A.C. In that period Chrysler was also producing eight passenger sedans, in each division, that shared the same body as the limo, they may share the same rear end and drive shaft. I think that the biggest problem will be with the Lambert disk brakes and figuring out how to either work with them or replace them with drums if they can't be repaired. What I would do, if I was interested in the car, is locate a Hollanders manual and start doing some research on parts interchangebility before I think of parting with my money.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side taillight bezel and other trim parts.