1954 Crown Imperial Limo & Thoughts on a Restoration

1954 Crown Imperial Limo & Thoughts on a Restoration

      I've checked out the pic's & the sellers description of an easy
restoration on the 54 Limo. Granted, It was a beautiful low
production (77) auto in 1954 and sold new
for $7,044.00 & will possibly be a recognized Classic by the CCCA at
some future date if that's your cup of tea.

     Problems & costs I see in restoring the 54 would be the rust & body
work. Painting. Interior. Engine rebuild and machine shop expenses.
Transmission(?)  Every seal. ( Eng. Axle, Transmission etc.) Door trunk
& window seals. Complete new wiring harness. (if any vender has the
pattern) & electric system. Glass and power window system. Some of the
running gear may be common to the Crown only, as was my C24. Radiator,
gas tank, power brake assy, & brake system. Tires to get it on a flat
bed & a pocket full of change to get it shipped. Rechrome, and the list
goes on.

     If one has a 54 Crown Limousine and
a spacious work area. I feel it would be worth $1,500 as a parts car.  I
guestimate
it would cost a minimum of $40.000 to restore the car & that may be a
low estimate with the owner doing all or most of the labour involved.

      If any one buys the car to restore, he should be over seven foot
tall with deep pockets that reach to his ankles and lots of luck.  An
alternative would be to buy a nice Imperial & send one's kids to
College.

That's All Folks
Jim

      ..