Carlisle Fun

 Mike - glad you could make it to this show. Good to meet you & see "Silver" as
well.
--

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:43:03
 Mike Pittinaro wrote:
>Fellow ImLers,
>Just tossing my $0.02 onto the discussion about the
>show this weekend past.  I had a great time, as did my
>friend Matt who drove down from Buffalo, NY to be
>there.  Granted, he's more of an AMC fan, and "doesn't
>quite see what you see in that big old boat", but it
>was fun nonetheless.
>

>I can't possibly thank everyone who I met
>personally...It was weird and great putting names with
>faces.  Finally.  it was also interesting to hear "oh,
>so _you're_ Mike Pittinaro" and "_the_ Mike
>Pittinaro?"...evidentally my infamy preceeds me.  ;)
>I really did want to jack up old Silver and show off
>her new rotors, but I was insanely busy scrounging for
>parts and looking at all the beautiful cars to give a
>tutorial.

Your mechanical advice(rotors: priceless), interesting wit, and the fact that
you've given us BEAUTIFUL REPRODUCTION '67 CORNERING LENSES!! make you a known
figure on this listing. Hence, yes, your well-earned reputation does proceed
you.

Your >
>Rob, I think we did get banished, as I also had a gray
>car with peeling paint, and I ended up between some
>kind of Polara and a Fury whose owner remarked "heh,
>Imperial.  I used to demo those things.  It was real
>easy, see?  you just weld the trunk closed here",
>running his grubby, nicotene stained finger along my
>decklid, "but they outlawed 'em 'cause they were too
>tough."

Good thing you didn't tell the rest of about that villianous hayseed or an
"Imperial lynching" may have taken place right then & there. .

>Knuckledraggingmoron.    (well put, Mike)

No "banishing" was in effect, sorry if you felt that way.  Any displacement was
due to running out of room in the designated Imp. area. Next year we'll have
more accurate "numbers" to give the Carlisle folks. Carving out all those
separate areas on the show field probably gets tough, and they're bound to
overlap.

>Aside from him, and the fact that i netted not one
>single Imperial part (though i did practicaly steal a
>nice set of headlight bezels for my '74 Satellite), It
>was definitely my favorite Carlisle ever.
>
>I won't be at the Mopar Nats in Columbus, however, for
>all you D.C. Imperialists that I met at C@x, there is
>a CPOC meet august 4th in Virginia.  Neal tells me it
>should be a good show.  I'm also really tempted by the
>Alabama meet (sippin' Mint Juleps and talkin'
>Imperials under an Oak tree in Aniston is an appealing
>thought).  We'll see...

The CPOC show in Manassas on 4 August is always a good one. Anniston is
tempting, and almost an obligation after those gents drove up so far to
Carlisle.