More tidbits about Carlisle

Hi,

Just a couple of notes.  First, the as I said before it was my first long
trip in my Imp so I was a bit wary.  But she performed admirably.

I found that it really likes to run at about 70 miles an hour.  She smoothes
right out and purrs along.  What fun to sit back, put the Automatic Temp A/C
on about 68 degrees, pop in a few CDs (using my cassette adapter) and cruise!

We travelled a total of 761.5 miles, and overall got 20 MPG.  About the only
complaints I have is the high truck traffic around Scranton, PA with only two
lanes, and route 81 being in it's usual state of disrepair.  At least on this
trip it wasn't under construction for more than a few miles.

I enjoyed seeing the older Imps for the first time.  I really loved that
green 59 two-door hardtop.  What a car!!  We also had an 81, 82, and 83 next
to each other.  Cool.

Don's young friend Andy did a great job of restoring his 81 for his senior
project in school (with lot's of Don's help).  Andy told me it didn't seem
like work because he knew that he would have a cool car when he got done.

His car was cool.  That four-barrel sounded perfect.  Smooth and just enough
throatiness to it through the dual exhaust.  His L O U D subwoofer did cause
the Chrysler rep to pop out from around the tent behind us though'.  She was
having a hard time speaking to show-goers!!  ;-)  All in the fun.

It was great to go to an all MoPar show and talk with people actually LIKE
MoPars!

Well, enough I guess.  I don't want to bore too many . . .

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

83 Imp, beige, Turbine wheel covers,
factory/dealer carb conversion