Please Welcome Ron Graham

>Car(s) owned: 1983 (gold)
>
>Self-Introduction: I love cars and I love Imperials. I've had mine for 15
>years. It's in very good shape as I've kept up with repairs. I had the car
>carburated. A remanufactured 318 was put in a year ago. Over the next
>couple
>of years I wish to moderately customize it e.g. install more ergonomic
>seats, 17 or 18 inch wheels, and get more power out of that 318. I know
>little about engines. What would one do first, second, third, etc. to get
>more horsepower?

Welcome Ron,
Most people on this list try to keep original, but you'll get plenty of good
advice.  A few of us have modified our 80's Imperials for more power.  If
you e-mail me off list, I could talk all day about improving performance,
but alot depends on the emissions laws in your state.  Things to try dual
exhausts, headers, four barrel carb and intake, lower rear gear (higher
numerical).  Any site that discusses small block mopars will have info.  You
lost a great opportunity by not putting in a 360 when you swapped motors.
Good luck,
Rob