82 Imperial, A few quick questions, please help!!!!

82 Imperial, A few quick questions, please help!!!!

What is that part with the diaphram that is attched to the air pump.  Mine
melted.

my second question is about that "one-way" valve that is on the side of the
engine that is attached to that thing on the air pump and goes to the
catalitic.  Whats it called??? Should there be TWO of them??? one on each
side.  i only have it on the passenger side and the left side is just a
straight pipe,  last year i put that part thats on top of the air pump,  and
it melted in 5 minutes,  so there is a problem somewhere.   The car is in
Croatia,  that why i need to know the name of the parts so i can order it
through a friend.

thanks,

1982 Chrysler Imperial