The old 413 vs 440 argument

>Well darn,   I have been  following this thread with interest and waiting
>for the 440 owners  to rise up and put this 413 nonsense to rest, .

Thought I had! ;)

>,,,,can't we all just get along???!!!!heheh

I think we are getting along.  Nobody cursed at anyone yet ;)  If we all
agreed to everything, there would be no point on having a
discussion.  Also, having disagreements like this makes you think, which is
usually a good thing!

>What you need to do is to buy one of each type of Imperial, then you can
>decide for yourself.

In my case, when I decided to buy another 68, did it mostly for practical
reasons.  Since I use my Imperials as transportation as well as fun, and
since I understood well mechanically my first 68, I decided that my second
Imp would also be a 68.  Also, I value WOT performance a lot, and from the
road tests, I knew the 440 is preferable based on my criteria.  Also, 413
cars have exclusively drums, which I consider very impractical in big city
driving (especially, my type of driving!).  Finally, the only other styling
w/ a 413 that I would really prefer over the 68 would be a 1960.  I
consider these cars a bit too old though for practical daily use (the
horror stories about removing drums from the hubs, and the single master
cylinder scared me off!).  At the end, I am happy since even though the 2
68s are so alike, they also have very different personalities.  In fact, we
all should sit back and enjoy what we have rather what we could have had!

DB, do you own or did you own a 413 Imperial?

>They just don't seem to get as cranky from the heat & don't generally have
>the hard hot start problem the 440 does.
>John

Well, I guess hot starts are often a bit problematic w/ 440s.  I don't
recall to ever have to walk home because of vapor lock, but sometimes it
took a few more cranks to start than I would like.  Again, for some people
this may be very important.  To me, its a small price to pay for the
satisfaction that the performance gives me, especially when I embarrass an
arrogant $30-40K "sports sedan" owner on the open road (its all relative
and subjective I guess).

D^2