Headlight doors for a 74

Zack,
I think the motors and bar are the same on these as my '83.  There is a bar
which runs through the motor to headlight doors.  When the motor spins it
turns the bar which opens or closes the doors. It sounds like your bar may
be bent or warped. If it's sticking you should try to fix it quick before it
freezes or strips the gear in the motor.
Hope this helps,
Rob