electrical problems, Fixed?

Thanks everybody for their suggestions.  I decided last night I would
attempt to completely bypass the bad wire at the connector as some
suggested.  I borrowed a multimeter and located 2 hot wires in that
connector.  One of them had unstable voltage (sometimes 12.4, others 8,
then other times nothing till wires were agitated).  I was close to start
cutting and soldering, but the wires inside the firewall were too tight,
the mosquitoes real hungry, and darkness was moving in over the muggy Texas
sky (I can either have light plugged on my extension cord, or the soldering
iron, but not both!).  Then, I realized that the wire with the unstable
voltage (a real short fusible link, less than 1 foot) was attached on a
"junction box" and the nut holding all these wires was...
loose!  Coincidence?  The real short length may have been responsible for
making me think its the connector.  I tightened the nut, drove the car
around, and problem gone (for now at least).  Will see.
D^2