Protocol for Mopar Dudes at Carlisle

Brother,

Since you're going to Carlisle, I wanted to give you a protocol briefing before you start hanging around the Imperials and the Imperial Club guys:

DO:

1.  Introduce yourself as a friend of "Steve in Korea".  That's how they know me.  Some of the "number match" guys might say stuff "like "isn't that the maniac that put a mopar performance master cylinder/m. p. starter/headers/74 Fury Radiator/etc in his Crown?", but I'm in Korea and what can they do to me anyway....

DO NOT:

1.  Say, "gee, that 413 would look good in a 'Cuda!" (Our Imps are Mopars, too!)

2.  Say, "Saw a '66 just like yours in Demolition Derby" (Derbyists are about as popular with us as Jane Fonda at the VFW)

3.  Say, "Nice Chrysler!" (IMPERIAL is the marque!)

4.  Ask a guy with an '81 "How's that fuel injection working?" (it probably doesn't, and he don't want you reminding him)

5.  Refer to a '61's trunk lid as having a "toilet seat", it's a "flitesweep" (I think)

6.  Say "Heard some of you guys were putting Toyota Supra brakes on your '69 cars."  (That's our dirty little secret!)

7.  Ask the guy with the '64 "So, where do you get brake drums for your Le Baron?".  (He can't buy 'em without mortgaging the house)

8.  If you survived question 7, don't follow up with "Have you thought about converting it to disc brakes?"  (The greatest minds on earth have been working on this one for quite some time.  We'll probably figure out a way to do this about the same time someone masters Nikola Tesla's bladeless turbine.)

9.  Check out the brake booster on a '58 and say "Kinda looks like an accordian..."

10.  Make any comparison to a Ca****lac.  The C-mobile does NOT compare to our rides.  We won't mind comparisons to Packards, they are worthy!

Steve

Do You Yahoo!?