new owner / member

Title: Message

Hi my name's Ray and I've just become a member of this mailing list after buying a 1950 Imperial Four Door De Luxe Sedan.    Its reportedly been on the Isle Of Wight for a number of years but is now with me in Hertfordshire, England.   Being new to Imperials I have a few questions and some parts needs:.

1. It's got a UK registration but is there a way I can establish, from the chassis number, its original stateside identity  and movements thereafter

2. how about getting a copy of
the original documents ?

3.  needed -         full workshop manual
       key lock tumbler ( for boot/trunk)
      Rear offside door quarterlight ( cracked )
      Bonnet ( Hood ) springs - it won't stay up !

Ray Gomm
mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx