more power from electronic ignition?

Rick.  I think in this case, you may have exceeded the rpm limit for
efficient point ignition operation, especially if you did not have the dual
point system that Chrysler was offering back then for drag racing (where
engines were often abused and over-revved due to super low gear ratios).  I
guess, this would be a case where the electronic ignition would help.  In
normal street applications where the speeds rarely hit 5000 rpm, the
advantage would not be there (5000 rpm on third gear with a late 60's
Imperial (2.94 gears) would be about 150mph!  (For a stock 350 hp 440 w/
dual exhaust, this speed would not be attainable).

As for the multispark...  well if your engine is not missing, an additional
spark later in the cycle will not do anything.  In a real cold start when
the engine tends to miss a lot, it might help.

D^2