Points or Electronic Ignition?

Ken, this has been discussed several times in the list.  I am sorry Rick,
but I will partially disagree here.  Over a properly functioning point
ignition, electronic ignition will not give you more power or economy.  You
can simply think of it like this.  Using a bigger match to light your grill
will not make your grill warm up faster or cook your steaks faster.  You
either have a good spark or not.  And properly adjusted points will provide
a sufficient spark.  However, electronic ignition does offer better
consistency and less work adjusting points and timing as the miles
accumulate.  Also, the stronger spark could help in extreme lean cases like
a cold start (cold start is not really lean, but because the fuel does not
evaporate in the cylinder, it acts like a lean condition).  Further, if you
plan to rev your engine at super high rpm, points can start "lifting".  But
this will happen at much higher rpm that a stock engine will see.
D^2