Firestone 721 tires

I am getting my 61 convertible ready for the Cascade Loop this weekend.  As
expected, problems start rearing their ugly little heads.  This time it was
a bad tire.  I have some funny old Armstrong tires on the car that have a
1-inch whitewall.  I tried to find a replacement of some sort but 1"
whitewalls are pretty tough to find without going the mail-order route (no
time for that!).

Out of desperation, I stopped by a small tire store here in Portland and
the guy said he could produce four Firestone 721s within an hour.  I picked
up the car a few hours later with the new tires for a total cost of $368.
 Wow, that extra 1/4 inch really looks good on that 61!  The tires seem to
feel good and ride as smooth as can be.

Now if I can just replace my cracked leather interior by this weekend.....

Ken Miller
61 convert (and a very jealous 67 convert waiting in the garage)