imperial services trans mount...its super!

imperial services trans mount...its super!

Hi all...

I just installed one of Imperial Services ( Steve Charettes ) new and
improved trans mounts in my 62.   All I can say is it is sweet....what a
good thing.  The dimensions were spot on the money and the material looks to
be excellent....much better than even a NOS rubber mount and light years
beyond the oil soaked piece of sponge that had been slowly disintegrating
for so long now.

I had mentioned to Steve about using nut inserts instead of studs on this
once, since the room available to get the old mount out and the new one in
is minimal...with the nut inserts there is ample room to slide the new part
in place, get the mount to crossmember bolts and the mount to trans bolts
started, and then lower it down into place and tighten everything up.

Total time to do this...half an hour, including lifting the car up .
Number of eagles  in difficulty....half.   Feeling of having one of the
minor achilles heels of these cars tended to...PRICELESS!

Take care all

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe
sutton ICQ#: 34908704 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me i See
more about me: