Hydraulic windows on 50 Crown

Kerry;
 I wonder if there is a way to rebuild the hydraulic cylinders used in those
early power window mechanisms?
If you look at the ones used in other applications there is usually a way to
take them apart to replace seals, pistons and the like. One interesting
question was how the company fitted the mechanisms in the front doors in the
first place if you had to cut the sheet metal to remove them.
 It may be a little non Imperial but a friend of mine had to work on a
1940's Lincoln, when he was a young mechanic. He told me that the rubber
lines would keep coming off around the hinge side of the door jamb leaking
fluid all over the carpets. I don't know whether the Imperial would have the
same problem as it likely had a better design then the FoMoCo system.
Best Regards Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side Taillight Bezel and other trim parts.