brake light pressure switch

Hi all!

Last minute issue before a LONG road trip, no brake
lights.  Ugh!  Does anybody know what it would take to
get a 54 brake light switch to fit a 60.  And if there
is a and adapter to thread in any idea what size?  I
know that they are different part #'s but I can get a
54 this afternoon and the right part would take days
(I leave tomorrow).

Also any chewing gum/chicken wire ideas for patching
it up for now?  The metal part inside the female
socket on the brake light switch has come apart.  It
is now stuck on the male connector on the wire that
goes into it.  If you wiggle it while someone else
hits the brake will work.

My best thought so far if I can't get the part today
is the stick a bunch of dielectric grease in the
socket and shove the connector back up in there and
just tape the wire in place with electical tape, until
I can actually fix it.

Any other thoughts on how to patch it up for now would
be greatly appreciated as long as they are pretty
quick and easy.  I don't get home till 1030P and I
still need to pack and then be to work @ 930a and then
hit the road right after work.

By the way if you see a faded, Cedar Green 60 doing
about 80 on the route from Minneapolis to
Raleigh-Durham NC, be sure to wave, it's "Virgil" and
me :)

Timothy

"Virgil" 1960 Custom Southampton 4DR