Window Motor update - what a great group, + brakes & seat belts

Window Motor update - what a great group, + brakes & seat belts

Good Morning All,
       Thanks to all who e-mailed with support on my window motor problem.  The mounting on the '63's is indeed much different than on the later cars - no good way to make the later units work.  Special thanks to Alan (bandmgrinding) for his phone call... his helpful hints (and even an offer to fix them for me) inspired me to dive back into the motor and make it work.  It's a little noisy, but the window goes up and down!

       I also finally got the front brakes replaced.  I found shoes through PartsAmerica.  They can be had by mail for under $16, but I chose to go to my local Advance Auto store, where I paid just under $20, plus a $5 core charge.  The drums were evenly worn, so I took the group's advice and did not turn them.  I was amazed at the weight of the drums - another example of the extra-everything that went into the Imperials.  Anyway, the car now stops straight, and quietly at that.

       I must say that I feel a little like I'm walking around with no pants on without seat belts.  JC Whitney sells belts that are visually similar to those found in the "lesser" cars.  I remember reading somewhere (sales literature?) that there are mounting points in the car (a '63) for belts.  I even considered installing the shoulder belt sets from the NYB, but that would require an anchor point on the roof.

       How have others handled this?

Thanks,
Steve Charette

Thanks,