addendum to hardtops

List, "TL, & "4 Toes":
Got to thinking after posting, and, naturally, remembered that I neglected
to cover another segment of the term, "hardtop."

In the 1970s, FOMOCO used a variation of this body style, called the
"Pillared hardtop sedan/coupe."  Structurally, it was that of a sedan---had
the hard "B post."  However, it used the door and window style of the
hardtop -- it had no frame around the window glass.  Thus, the one I owned,
a 1978 LTD four door pillared (hardtop) sedan.  The other was the 2 door
pillared (hardtop) coupe/sedan.
But that is not to say no one else built that style.  GM and Chrysler both
used the two door pillared hardtop design: the early Cordobas and Miradas.
Believe that this "pillared" style even appeared in the Valiant/Duster line,
Volare, Gran Fury Brougham, Fury Sport Coupe; the same for Dodge versions,
the Chrysler LeBaron Medallion, let alone the Chrysler Newports, New
Yorkers, and Fifth Avenues of the late 70s and early 80s.  And then there is
the 1981-83 Imperial line; this most certainly is a prime example of the
'two door pillared hardtop' look.

Well, always corrections, and additional information.  Thanks for letting me
post again. (Yes, I also have some four door sedans, but NO pillared
hardtops.)   Later,  ne