Fuel filter - glass bowl

Well, the mechanic says he has no idea of how the glass bowl got a crack in it.
He says it
came back from the carb guy in shape and just does not know how it was cracked.

Now I don't care how it happened - but rather where I can get a replacement so
I can get
my 1956 4 door Southampton running again.

Suggestions anyone?

Apparently I need new spark plug wire set as well - any preferences or opinions
on this
matter?

Gas tank is off - it has been cleaned and sealed ($135) - need a new sending
unit - leads
on that item would also be appreciated.

Do I need plug insulators and plug insulator tubes?? Saw those on Bernbaum's
web site and
as far as I know the mechanic just put the spark plugs in the holes and tighten
them.

Any all leads - opinions - ideas are certainly welcome.

George Harcourt - San Antonio - Texas

(no doubt the a/c no longer works so that will be next - that is after the
radiator is
cleaned and re-soldered)