Fwd: IML-Webmonsters/LIST: over heated question

Fwd: IML-Webmonsters/LIST: over heated question

Tim & Imperial Mailing List,

This message was recieved from the OIC Website.  Tim asks
below about a mechanical challenge and promises to join the
Imperial Mailing List soon (the website administrators
don't answer mechanical questions, normally).

If anyone in the club is able to assist, please reply, and
be certain to cut out Tim's address and paste it into the
CC: line so that both the IML and Tim get the answer.

Tim:  Hurry and join!  We have 500+ other people that love
to hear about Imperials and enjoy adding their 2 cents when
they have it to give.  The List is set up for exactly this
sort of thing.

Imperialist60
OIC Website Doorman

--- Tim Hulse <thulse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>  I am not a member of the club yet but my computer for
> home is on the way.
> When I get it installed I will be signing up. For now I
> was wondering if
> some one could help me. The car I have is a 1956 Imperial
> 2Dr Southampton
> with a 354 Hemi. I have had it for 5 years and it has
> always run on the
> warm side. I just changed the number 5 piston and put new
> head gaskets on
> her and buttoned it back up. The water pump was just
> rebuilt before the
> piston went out. I put new timming chain on it and set
> the timming to 4
> degrees BTDC. Now mind you the timming marks are hard to
> read. If your
> looking at the timming marks from the driver side which
> is BDTC the timming
> marks  on the drivers side of DC or passenger side of DC.
> I also just had
> the radiator cleaned but that did not help much. Do I
> need it recored? If
> any one could help it would really help.
>
> Thanks
> Tim

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious