Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: IML: brake lines needed

I had similar problems with my 68 sedan on the front left side, of much
smaller length (lines might be different from 66).  All I did was take the
line to an auto part store and match the fitting.  It was not too difficult
to match and replace the line.  It was a bit too long, but I coiled it
around, and that was it.

In your case though, if you can reflair, go for it.  Its worth trying.  If
it was not leaking before, it should not leak afterwards.  I am sure you
know that, but make sure you use the proper wrench.  You can't fit the box
end of a standard wrench, but if you try to use the open end, you may round
up the fitting.  They make special "semi-box" wrenches just for cases like
this (don't know the proper name of the wrench).  I have one (I think 3/8")
and without it, I would have never been able to remove and reinstall my
callipers.
D^2