Air shocks

After having a broken shock mount after putting air
shocks on a 64 Riviera, I was always concerned about
putting air shocks on cars not specifically designed
for them. Mopars in particular, because the rear
shocks would be pushing outward at a 45 degree angle.
So I looked for a different solution, and inspired by
the air suspension offered by Chryslers in 1959, I
installed an auxiliary air suspension by Air Lift.  It
is almost identical in concept to the configurtion
used in 1959 Imperials.  I have a simple schrader
valve for adjustment, but Air Lift sells a leveling
valve and air compressor for those who want automatic
leveling.

This will come in very handy next week when my 66
LeBaron heads to Chicago with 4 people aboard and
their luggage!

Chris H.

60 NY T&C
66 Crown Convertible