Air shocks

I recently discovered in the trunk of my 65 Crown an air valve similar to
those found on tires that I presume are for the air shocks. I have never
attempted to add air or press the valve stem to see if air would come out.
Call me paranoid!! What is the proper procedure to test it other than what
seems to be the obvious??

Mark T. Boehme
65 Crown
925-671-3160