TOO COLD A/C, was: black 73 coupe on ebay

TOO COLD A/C, was: black 73 coupe on ebay

>What refrigerant are you using? R12 or R134?
>
>D^2

I'm using R12 (only because I have a Camaro that is headed to the scrap
heap and it happen to have enough R12 in it to charge up the Imp).

The system sure does get cold enough! It gives me confidence that if I ever
have to switch to R134, the performance will still be acceptable.

The problem is that when I hot wired the A/C electrical in order to bypass
the missing AutoTemp II controller the easiest way to do this was to enable
a single fan speed. Since I live in Phoenix, (we're expecting a high of
110* today) I of course used high as the speed of choice.

It's great for the first ten or fifteen minutes while the car cools down
inside, but after that I'm freezing my jewels off! I either need to get the
ATCII controller working, or find a manual A/C dash control and replace the
AutoTemp II controller like Kerry did.

I guess another option is to install a temp controlled switch that will
cycle the compressor when the blowing air reaches a certain temp. This
would tide me over 'till I can either get my crusty old ATCII controller to
work, or find another in working condition.