Gunk radiator repair?

--- Frank Griffin <frankrad4@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I have developed a small leak in my radiator, it
> is at the seam where
> the top tank is.  Someone suggested using the some
> gunk sealer to fix it.
> Can it do any harm adding it to my Imps cooling
> system?

Yes!  A few years ago, I learned to avoid this stuff
at all costs.  It has the potential to clog up water
passages and heater cores.  And if your car has
AutoTemp, it can wreak havoc with the water valve.

Go ahead and take the radiator to a shop.  Having the
leak fixed and the radiator rodded out should be well
under $100.  And every shop I've ever taken a radiator
to has painted it as part of the service.

Good Luck!

Elijah