Cinci to D.C.

Mike,
I really enjoyed your story. The joy of driving one of these incredible machines
is just the very reason we all do so much to try to keep them on  the road.

And the " need for speed"  is the rather natural result of just owning one of
these cars. They do make us all into leadfoots at some point. I suspect this
isn't true for other such large cars( with maybe a few exceptions),but it is
the very essence of the way an Imperial wants to be driven.

My CFO(AKA the wife) and I were in that same area during the 12th of May and
we will also vouch for the driving scenery- at least in the region from near
Frederick, MD South along US 340 down to Waynesboro, VA. We were planning to
take Moparius Maximus(who also has spent the last 36 years successfully
disguised
as a 1966 Crown Imperial 4drht) but didn't when we saw the weather report for
that weekend. MM doesn't like rain.

But the region is fantastic for both the views and the superb roads. And not
too crowded. We were taking this trip to visit the homeplace of Mac Wiseman.
He is our most recently re- discovered singer of the old time songs of the
mountains
and it takes me back to the days of my boyhood in the Great Smokies when this
type of singing was just a part of the way we lived then. Anyone remember the
wreck of the old 97?
http://www.dol.net