Car Show Fun

Interesting day,

The local AACA had a show today and I was planning on
taking the 73, 54 and 64 but we had storms yesterday
and I did not get the 64 washed.  The storm brought a
cold front and today was 62 for the high.  Dang near
FROZE!

I helped judge a few classes which was fun.  I'd done
it before but it has been a few years.  I specifically
asked about 'original vs restored' and the response
was "This is a car show, they're supposed to be 'as
new'."

Found out that the AACA now has preservation awards
for original cars now.  In the 54's class there was an
original 54 Plymouth with this award and a really nice
53 Hudson Hollywood.  I expected to get third because
I had not even cleaned the engine compartment and,
well, my car is unrestored...completely.  I got a
second and beat the Plymouth.  Surprised!

The 73 was in a tougher class and there was a super
nice restored 442 that was the obvious winner.  If I
had detailed the engine compartment, I'd have given
the 2nd place Monte Carlo a run for the money.  As it
was I got a third and was more than happy considering
the cars that I beat and beat me.

Fun day, met some new folks.  The guy who owns the 54
Plymouth lives about 30 miles away and will be a new
good friend.  I'll probably go visit him next week.

Also met a guy who is going to help me sell a 438
Pontiac 3x2 engine I have which will help fund some
Imperial work.

Maybe next time, I'll detail the engine compartments.

Also found out that this AACA preservation thing
allows repaints, new carpet, and fabric replacement in
seats.  This makes me pretty happy as I have wanted to
keep it 'original' but at some point it's going to get
too ratty to live with.

Burrrrr still cold.
Kerryp

All in all it was