Praise (mostly) for Dependable Auto Shippers

Praise (mostly) for Dependable Auto Shippers

>Tim, I am glad you and your Imperial made it to your new home safely.

Thank you!

>You may be sentimental about your car like all of us, but ain't sure about the
>fool part.  The market value of the car is irrelevant here.  What is relevant
>is what you would have to pay for a modern car (new or used) that would offer
>comparable level of comfort, safety, and performance as your 67 Imperial.  It
>will most likely be much more than $2K.

Not if I bought another dented, crooked-bumpered, leaky
'67 Imperial! :-)  Which, come to think of it, is probably
exactly what I would do if I had to replace the one I
currently have.

>   Also, I am sure there are very few old
>cars in that part of the country, so people will stare at you a lot
>more than in TX.

Actually, amazingly enough, I've already seen two really nice
old Cadillac convertibles on the streets of this little town.
Of course, it's possible they both belong to the same person.
No Imperial sightings yet though.

>I am sure you know that, but please don't drive your car in snow
>over there, or
>it will turn into ferrus oxides quite rapidly...
>D^2

You betcha!  The Nissan modernmobile will be bearing the brunt
of the salt while I'm here.  And my trips into NYC will be by
train anyway.

Tim Klein
'67 Crown 4DHT
Rye, New York