Welcome back, KE ITH HOPPING

Keith,

It is wonderful to have you back.  I was puzzled when you dropped off the
list.  I am relieved to say the least that the car is meeting your
epectations so well.  Now that you have it in your possession I hope it
continues to delight you.  Getting it made legal for NZ was evidently less
of a challenge than you expected.  What kind of saefty belts have you had
fitted?  Mine has lap belts only, in the front.

I must disappoint you, sir, and tell you I have never removed the dash from
my car and dread the thought more than I should admit.  I have some bulbs
that need to be replaced.  I intend to get them done at the same time I take
the car to the upholsterers for a new dash cover - and headliner, plus seat
work, too - and let them do the dirty work.  My clock does not work, and I
may get it taken care of too.  Sigh, that's what's so daunting about any
project.  All the :"Might As Well" projects that seem to leap into the
picture.  When you begin this, or any project, take lots of pictures.
Intimidated folks like me need all the reassurance we can get.

All the best to you, sir.  What made you want to buy an Imperial in the
first place?  I cannot imagine they were ever that well known in New
Zealand.  And why a '58, beyond the obvious fact they are the pinnacle of
the breed?

Hugh