electrical woes

Gang---  I have a "lesser" '66 MoPar that we tried to get
out tonight to take to see Leslie at Rhody Days.

Turned the key and got one weak "klunk,"  then no current to
anything.  Jumping didn't help, new battery didn't help,
there's no current to anywhere.  Even the interior lights
won't come on.  The cable ends are clean and tight on the
battery.  The car ran fine when parked six months ago, has
not been used since.

What's your best long-distance assessment?  Could there be
something wrong inside the battery cable, maybe at the end?
Could the voltage regulator cause this symptom?  Fusible
link? Short or open in the starter?  Where to start
troubleshooting?

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth,
'73Duster, '81 Imperial, Washougal, WA