collector insurance?

This is common practice. The thinking behind this must be that your just trying to get cheap insurance & drive regularly with the oldie if you don't have a driver thats relatively new. I guess if they said 1980, thats a pretty good amount of leeway.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: IML: collector insurance?

This is a new one on me.  Sounds like BS.  When I insured with Hagerty they wanted
to know if I had a daily driver, but they never specified an age for it-- they
just wanted to know that I was not using my insured car as my daily driver.

Any insurance co. should be able to provide you with agreed value insurance on
your car regardless of your other cars-- I would think.  But you will probably
have to pay a little more for it.