sales traing film strips

Kenyon said:

> I have received the training filmstrips that I solicited
> donations for (thank you all).  They have arrived, and are
> not motion strips, but are one stop at a time positive
> slides on a strip that is to be drawn through the projector
> as the record indicates "next slide" after each
> description.  We would like to get them posted to the
> website.

Kenyon,

What years did you get?  Did you get the sound tracks as well?  I hope so.
On the package I have for the 1958 sales training film strip, I got the
original box, and original handouts, plus even the notes to the presenter on
how to make the training session most effective.

I have tinkered with the idea of getting this stuff onto IML for years.  I
do have a projector.  The best idea I ever came up with was to show the film
strip onto a screen, take pictures of each of the 90 images with a digital
camera and save the information on a disc.  I have just learned how to make
power point presentations, but here is the part that has me stumped.
Digitizing the old LP soundtrack so it can go with the pictures.  At this
point I lack the technology to transfer the analog recording into a digital
format.  The LP sounds good, as well it should, having possibly been played
maybe three times in its existence.

I think photographing each image for scanning does not make sense if you can
use a digital camera and cut out may steps, material, cash and a whole lot
of time.

Interestingly, there is a service in this city which will do the whole job
for me for around $100, including soundtrack.  I would get my stuff back
intact, as the computer can deal with a positive image just as easily as a
negative.  I would then get a CD which would be relatively easy to copy and
distribute to anyone interested.

I have never viewed any of the movies which have been added to the site.  My
computer is too old and slow, and using a dial up network makes for
horrendous down load times.  I am also not sure who might want to see this
sales stuff.  It is very stilted.  No one else has ever seen mine except
Mike Trettin, who has seen a rough scan of the original negatives I made
some years ago.  I think getting CDs made is the best way to go, or, even
easier, video taping the show, complete with soundtrack, of course.  As
there are commercially available 1958 Imperial sales training movies
available on video that are better than these film strips I figure anyone
who might want them could buy those instead.  In them you get Mr. Tom
McCahill himself, with his witty aphorisms in full flow, narrating the
comparison trials.

If you want the information about who can transfer the information onto CDs
I can provide it but I wouldn't be surprised to find that there is someone
nearer to you who can do it, and maybe less expensively.

Hugh