removing chrome

Hi Charlie and group,
      After talking to my chrome plater , he said they either acid dip
the part or the glass bead off the chrome and nickle and copper very
carefully , then polish the parts and replate. He said they use a 150
grit glass bead  and are very careful not to stay in one place for to
long. Do not use the glass bead method on Brass or other very soft metals
as you will wear away to much of the detail in the part.
    Allan R