Re (2): IML: red light

If the lamp is to the LEFT of the fuel gauge, and is just a round lamp with
no lettering or symbol, this is the high-beam indicator for the headlamps.

The "CHECK GAGES" lamp (spelled just like that) is to the right of the fuel
gauge, pretty much under the "0" in the speedometer. (I suspect if Mr
Hanekamp had seen that lamp he would have mentioned what it said.)

Why your high beam indicator is on whenever the key is on eludes me. It
should illuminate only when the high-beam headlamps are on, regardless of
ignition key position. Sounds like there is a short to some ground
somewhere, perhaps near the instrument cluster? Are the headlamps glowing
all the time??

Dick is 75% correct (25% less than usual) about the operation of the Check
Gages light... it tells you to look at three of the four gauges for signs of
improper oil pressure, low fuel or high temperature. It does not monitor the
alternator gauge (ammeter).

The third and final indicator lamp in the cluster is at the opposite end of
the speedometer from Check Gages... it says "Brake System" and warns only of
low brake fluid pressure. It does not indicate an applied parking brake.

That's all there is for indicators in a '67-68... there are not even turn
signal indicators inside the cabin!

Keep us posted, please, Bob... or tell us more so we can help...
Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon