Engel's influence

Mark McDonald wrote:
> What surprises me is that I don't see Engel's influence
> persisting at Chrysler for so long after he left . . . or maybe I'm just not
> recognizing it.

I don't know that anyone's influence lingers long after they've left the
design chief's role at a company, unless that company's products linger on
the market too long.

Engel's versatility in design is another reason it might be hard to see his
influences. He wasn't a one-trick pony, as the '69 fuselage cars and the
handsome '72 Dodge pickup attested.

That said, there is still one Engel-designed Chrysler product you can buy,
even though it's been facelifted and updated numerous times: the full-size
Dodge Ram van that debuted for 1971.

Chris in LA
67 Crown (and two other Engels, making me a tri-Engel, I guess)