AutoTemp II A/C Success! (longish)

--- C F <mopowered@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>Does anyone have one of these Imperials with
"standard" AC?
>Carmine F.</P>

One of my '71 Imperials has the "standard"
Non-AutoTemp heat and A/C.  It works great, and I'm
really glad the car doesn't have AutoTemp.

The other two '71 Imperials that I have do have
AutoTemp.  Since they're both parts cars, it's not
much of an issue.

However, when AutoTemp II works right, it really works
right!  It's pretty amazing when it's functioning
correctly.  I can remember riding in my Grandmother's
Imperial -- just about the time you'd think "it's
getting a little warm," you'd hear a slight click and
the fan would kick up to the next higher speed.  It
was really pretty neat.

Side note -- is this Carmine the same Carmine who was
a great member of the list a few years ago?  If so,
welcome back!

Elijah