What:  Cascade Loop for Imperials & Friends 2002

When: July 5 - 7, 2002

Where:
Saturday, July 4, 2002

We will leave Portland early  on Friday, July 5th. Those coming from out of
town may want to stay overnight in the Portland area. I have reservations at
the Holiday Inn Express on Hayden Island because the Vancouver, WA.
fireworks show is visible across the Columbia River from a few blocks away.
Phone for reservations: 503-283-8000. Rate: Double occupancy King
non-smoking room $79.00

Portlad area Imperial owners and others who choose to stay elsewhere may
want to come visit at the Holiday Inn for the fireworks and a pre-Loop
Imperial Spare Tire Ale.

Friday, July 5, 2002

Portland, Oregon to Bend Oregon, via the Columbia River Gorge on the old
highway. Sightseeing stops planned include Crown Point Vista House and
possibly Bridal Veil Falls. We will stop at Hood River for lunch at either
the Columbia Gorge Hotel or the Char Burger. Let your wallet be your guide.

After lunch we cruise south on Highway 35 and will visit the Timberline
Lodge on Mt. Hood. From there we cruise south to Bend, Oregon where I have
reservations at "The Riverhouse" which is right on the Deschutes River. Rate
for double occupancy with a king bed: $105.00. Phone for reservations:
800-547-3928.

Saturday, July 6, 2002

West from Bend through Sisters, Oregon and then southwest across the
mountains via Highway 242 to I-5. North on I-5 to Corvallis and west to the
Pacific Coast at Newport. Sightseeing stops along the coast on the way to
the second overnight stop in Lincoln City, Oregon.

I have reservations at The Sea Gypsy where the motel is close enough to the
beach that a large wave may get our feet wet. Rate: Double occupancy with
ocean front window $117. We (Patty & I and Banker Bob) are saving money by
sharing what they call a suite, adjoining rooms each with its own bath, one
without the ocean view for a total of $155. Phone: 800-452-6929

Sunday, July 7, 2002

North up the coast on Highway 101 to Tillamook for a cheese brunch, and a
visit to the Tillamook Air Museum, housed in the old WWII blimp hanger. From
there we will break up into homeward bound groups so we can all be back at
work on Monday morning.

Why:

Meet new friends, see a truely beautiful part of the Northwest while driving
with other Imperials in a rolling car show. Our first Cascade Loop proved
that complete strangers with a common interest in Imperials can travel
together and become close friends in just a few days.

How:

The Cascade Loop is a do-it-yourself event with no requirements for those
who want to participate other than to take care of your own reservations and
plan your own meals. I plan to eat in restuarants but you may want to plan
to cook or picnic so feel free to do what will make this the best possible
outing for you. Last year we had one lunch with the whole group and one
evening meal together. Otherwise we broke up into smaller groups and found
dining that met our individual tastes.

If you want to stay in a different motel, check the Internet for listings.
There are numerous places to stay in all of our overnight destinations. I've
listed the places where I made reservations and know that there are still
some rooms left at each of them but space for summer is filling up fast.

Join us for all or part of the Loop. Come drive with us for a day or an
hour. Or just let us know you want to meet us along the way for a few
minutes. We will be glad to see you and share whatever part of our adventure
you care to participate in.

I have a list of people who want to be advised of more detailed information
about the Cascade Loop 2002 event and will be forwarding more detailed
information to those individuals soon.  If you decide to attend and have not
notified me, please reply privately to:

Loren_Erwin@xxxxxxx

Thanks to the many people who have assisted me in planning this years Loop.
Special thanks to Roger and Jan who have worked hard to make sure we travel
the most scenic routes.

Loren