window in convertible

I recently went to the local upholstery shop to order a new top for my
Mus***g convertible and we had the same discussion. Even though the
glass itself is good, he said it was impossible to duplicate the factory
bonding of the material to the glass. Any type of adhesive, silicone,
etc would fail after a short time. If the vinyl section that the window
is bonded to needs replaced, the only solution is to get a new window
unit from the factory which is already bonded to the section of top
material.

Greg Acker