window in convertible

[The rear window and support assembly is called a
"curtain".  It is possible, as DD noted, to replace
the top without the rear window being disturbed
although there might be a slight difference in color
between the new top and old curtain.

Sounds to me like the fellow is trying to make some
extra money.  Don't replace the rear window curtain
unless it is torn or worn out.

Bob]