Please Welcome New Member, Darrell L. Davis (1931 Custom Phaeton and '31

Please Welcome New Member, Darrell L. Davis (1931 Custom Phaeton and '31 Closed Coupe Sedan)

New Subscriber(s): Darrell L. Davis
Email Address is: ddavis8839@xxxxxxx
Member Location: Winter Park, FL

Car(s) owned: 1931 Custom Imperial Phaeton
1931 Imperial Close Coupled Sedan

Self-Introduction: I recently retired from Chrysler Corp after 36 years of
service.  I have a collection of about 15 cars that represent vehicles from
the classic era to the muscle car period.  I am a member of CCCA, AACA, WPC,
Plymouth Club, CCCI, Bow Tie Chevys, MAFCA, MARC, Studebaker Club, VVWCA,
300 Club and likely some others.  I am also a judge at Pebble Beach and at
Meadowbrook.  I show my cars as a hobby and have travelled all over the
country enjoying the different venues.
   My 31 Imperials are my favorite cars.  The phaeton that I own was
purchase by me in early 97 from Rob Myers at RM Classic Cars.  It was shown
at the Burn Foundation show in June of 97 when the 31-33 Imperials were
featured.  It may have been the largest gathering of those cars ever
assembled.  We then immediately began a complete nut and bolt restoration of
that car finishing in August 2000 in time to show the car at Pebble Beach.
The car won its class at Pebble Beach in 2000.  It went on to win it's class
at Amelia Island, the Burn Foundation and Meadowbrook in 2001.  It was
awarded Senior and Premier awards with two 100 point scores at CCCA.
Completed the National First Place and Senior Awards at AACA and won the
President's cup award for 2001 in February of 2002.  It is one of 11 known
documented Phaetons known to exist.