EFI Upgrade - a poor choice of words? Plus, more parts questions...

EFI Upgrade - a poor choice of words? Plus, more parts questions...

Bob,
       To answer your question "What do I know that the rest of you do not?", I have to reply PRECIOUS LITTLE lol!   I think most of you have forgotten more than I will ever know about these cars!  I'm still trying to get the hang of making a car idle so smooth that you aren't sure if it's running.  In the past, that just meant that it needed a bigger camshaft!

       Now that I have a little time on my hands, I'm toying with the idea of taking one more run at making the OEM EFI operate (basically by pestering those of you who know how to make that happen) before I throw in the towel and order a Holley ProJection kit.  I think I'd just pop for the two-hole model, rather than the hi-performance version Brad Hogg used on his car.  It's just such a shame to have the car sitting there and not be able to DRIVE it!

       I don't know if the Holley setup should be called an upgrade or a work-around-since-I'm-too-lazy-or-technically-incompetent-to-make-the-OEM-setup-work.  Upgrade is much easier to type... and I'm not real thrilled about installing a carburetor... anybody have a positive story about carbureted '81-'83 Coupes?

       BTW, it looks like Parts America will get the nod to supply brake shoes and wheel cylinders for the '63.  The shoes are $15.49 a set, and wheel cylinders are a little over 20 bucks each.  I crawled underneath her tonight to bleed the brakes and the bleeder screws are corroded to the point that a wrench will not grip them.  Anyone have a line on drums that will work?

Steve Charette
'63 Custom (went for a ride tonight... boy, does that old gas stink.  Whew!)
'68 Crown (still waiting for a lifter)
'81 Coupe (still waiting on some attention of any sort)
'68 Crew Cab (waiting to be mated with the '77 dually chassis)
'68 300 (waiting to get into the shop to get the 440 installed)
'68 Barracuda (waiting for a nice day to go to the racetrack)
'97 Ram 1500 (waiting for the '63 to become the daily driver so it can be PARKED)
'95 Eagle Vision ESI (waiting to get traded in once Momma decides what to get)
'62 Plymouth Suburban Wagon (just waiting)
'60 Fury (getting parted)
'78 NYB (waiting to get parted...)

Maybe the Driveway Police are right... where the heck did all these cars come from?