Hello Henry and List,
Mark McDonald's Panama City is located in the United States. In
particular, the State of Florida.
Greg Gryczan
West Palm Beach, FL
U.S.A.
At 07:35 PM 5/5/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for part of the location. Enjoyed the story, but where is Panama
>City.. Are talking the Panama Canal???
>
>Generally, it would help if locations were given, not just in this case, but
>when notes come on about leads on cars or cars for sale. Interest occurs
>and then dash off a where that? note. Please, all out there in IML land, be
>specific about locations, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze.
>
>In a loving way, Henry Hopkins
>----- Original Message -----
>From: Mark McDonald <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 12:53 PM
>Subject: Re: IML: My First Car Show (long)
>
>
>> Hugh,
>>
>> Sure I do!
>>
>> The
>> show was held in the old downtown section of Panama City, right in front
>> of the historic Martin Theater, where I saw Doris Day in "The Glass
>> Bottomed Boat" in about 1964 or thereabouts
>>
>> Hugh & Therese wrote:
>>
>> > Mark, in this whole piece, you don't mention which city the show took
>place
>> > in, or it's name!
>> >
>> > I am sure you will. Your list of the twelve needed items was hilarious.
>> > Glad the Imperial did as well as it did. Shows are notoriously fickle.
>>
>> Yes, I would agree, judging from my first experience. I didn't want to
>sound
>> like "sour grapes," so I didn't say this before, but what's evident to me
>is
>> that the cars that win are not necessarily the finest cars in terms of
>paint,
>> mechanical condition, etc., etc., they are the most popular cars.
>>
>> In other words, if you have a crowd that likes muscle cars and you have a
>> shoddy looking muscle car in there, but right next to it is a beautifully
>> restored or well cared for Dodge pick-up, Datsun 810, Rolls Royce, Tr-6,
>> whatever-- the muscle car will win. This may be old news to everybody
>else but
>> it's a surprise to me. I guess we all have our biases.
>>
>> Thanks for reading!
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>
>>