My First Car Show (long)

Mark, in this whole piece, you don't mention which city the show took place
in, or it's name!

Anyhoo, you wrote:

> There were a collection of mysteries as well.  They're "mysteries" to
> me, anyway.  Why someone would drive a brand new 2002 Mustang or
> Corvette off the showroom floor and into a car show, I just don't know.
> It's a new car.  I mean, you can still buy them.  I see them on the
> street everyday.  I just don't get it, but maybe it's just me . . .

I don't get this either.  A man I know had a brand new C5 Corvette that had
never been driven.  He collected it in a trailer.  Took it home and detailed
it.  Entered it into a show, and came in . . .  second.  Entered it into
another show and came in  . . . third.  Now what the winners had to do to
win boggles the mind, but George sold the car.  Bought a Porsche, drove it
around like a daily driver, took it to a show and won  . . . first prize.

> By the way, I won 3rd place.  The car that won first place was a 2000
> Cobra.  To me, a 33 year old Imperial vs. a 2000 Cobra is an odd
> match-up, but I guess that's what you get in the special interest class.
>
> Next time I'll win!  :)
>
> Mark

I am sure you will.  Your list of the twelve needed items was hilarious.
Glad the Imperial did as well as it did.  Shows are notoriously fickle.  Two
Imperials won first prize at the show in San Antonio last year.  Of course,
it was a Mopar only show, but still.  And, to be polite, lets just say that
the cars had received different levels of preparation and leave it at that!
My own cam in dead last.  Got the fewest amount of points in any vehicle
there.  How do I know?  I was the one adding the votes!  Not judging the
cars, of course

Hugh