My First Car Show (long)

>But seriously, folks, what I really learned is that, as a competitor, I
>was totally unprepared.  I thought I had a clean car-- I spend a heck of
>a lotta time washing it and waxing it, etc.-- but when I walked around
>and looked at the other cars I nearly got sick.
At a car show not too long ago, a guy from 22 miles away had a super nice 1962
2 door hardtop, Impala. He was busily scrubbing off the bugs as I looked at
his car.
His lady friend was likewise working.
He had mirrors under his car, too.
I mentioned to him that he had a nice ride.
We chatted a minute and then he said that from this day forward, he would
be trailering his car, as he didn't want to have to clean the bugs off of
it again.
I just wondered what the point of owning a car like this was if you
couldn't drive it.
I just sold a 1969 Roadrunner that I bought new when I returned from
Vietnam. I also sold a 1970 big block Barracuda Gran Coupe convertible.
This surprised damned near everybody. Thing was, there was no latitude for
change. They were much to valuable to change from stock.
Now, I have a 1963 Imperial. I won't change much other than the color, but
I can really do about what I wish with it, since it will always be worth
about the same amount.
Same with the 1964 A 100 Dodge pick-up I bought. Not worth much, no point
in keeping it strictly by-the-book stock, as most anything I do it won't
detract from it's value.
I can now have fun with my toys and not worry about altering them.
Just my two centavos worth.
Thanks for listening.
Danny