My First Show

Well, folks, this weekend I intend to participate in my first show.  On
a competitive basis that is-- I've been to plenty of shows.  But this
will be the first time my Imperial & I have competed.

They don't seem to know what class to put me in (one by myself, I
suggested).  They have no luxury class.  So they suggested Cars of the
60's or Special Interest.  In the Mopars class I would be facing nothing
but muscle cars . . .  I think I will put it in Special Interest.

This is not a huge event.  It's held downtown in the old financial
district, and there is another event in the park nearby.  I believe
First prize is 3 free frames at the Bowl-A-Rama on 15th street . . .
maybe they throw in the shoes, too.  I'm not sure.

I can already tell from talking to the organizer on the phone that I
will be getting a lot of "stupid" questions.  When I told him it was an
Imperial he said "Oh, Chrysler."  No, Imperial.  "What it is, a Buick?"
No, an Imperial.  "Oh.  I thought Chrysler made that."  Yes, Imperial
was a division of the Chrysler Corporation.  And so on.  But, I don't
really care if people say "Chrysler Imperial."  As long as they don't
call it an Impala.

My main interest in doing this is just to get to know the folks in the
local scene and see how it compares to the IML events I've been to.  I'm
sure they won't have the crazy characters we do . . . :)

Mark M